05 Jan Notes from a Soulpreneur
When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. - Dr. Wayne Dyer
What is a Soulpreneur you may ask. If you look it up in the dictionary you won’t find it, perhaps, because its more than a word. Its a feeling, a way of living, an expression of your higher self. We’re all familiar with the term entrepreneur, but soulpreneur takes us to another level of being.
Soulpreneurs come from all walks of life, they may be actors, teachers, doctors, lawyers, mums or even entrepreneurs.
Soulpreneur’s can be defined more by their approach to life, than by the type of work they are doing. They want to create a life that feels good on the inside, not one that just looks good on the outside.
When I stumbled across this word and explanation, everything clicked into place. As a self professed manifestation junkie it seemed to fit so beautifully, because before we can begin to manifest anything, we have to clear all blocks. In order to clear all blocks, we have to love ourselves.
Soulpreneurs lead with love, they lead with kindness and they lead by example. However, we cannot begin to lead with love, until we have to learned to forgive. We have to forgive ourselves and we have to forgive others. Buddha said, ‘Holding onto anger and resentment is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die’
We are all on a journey, we have all HAD a journey. To be here, where we are today has been our own unique, sometimes beautiful, sometimes messy and sometimes painful journey. But a journey is not only an external experience, it is an internal adventure too.
So when we nurture ourselves and look after ourselves it is easier to figure out what lights us up, what makes us feel good, on the inside AND on the outside. We have to go within and remember that we absolutely MUST love ourselves first.
We cannot change the world outside of us without changing inside first. Living our truth is the ticket to true happiness and when we are clear and fully present, we become our most powerful.
As we love ourselves, it becomes easier to forgive ourselves, when we love ourselves it becomes easier to forgive others. This is when our lives will begin to magically transform. So whether it is a parent, a friend, a boss, a colleague or a partner, when we forgive them and come from a place of love, our lives will shift and things will start to look and feel different.
We always have 2 choices in a situation, we chose the way in, and we can choose a way out. Its our choice. We have to love what we do and do what we love. What is it that lights us up, we have to find our purpose.
That idea, that vision, that dream. Do it now. Tomorrow is never guaranteed. If an idea comes to you, you are meant to do something with it. If you don’t, that idea will move on to someone else.
How many times have we all said, ‘Oh I have an idea, what I really need is… someone should really do..’ and the next thing we know we are seeing it on a tv commercial.
ACT NOW, ACT TODAY. When you are feeling called to do something, DO IT TODAY.
The fear gremlins may try to convince you that you’re not good enough.
‘Who am I to…’ ‘What do I know…’
What we need to do is rephrase this.
‘Who am I NOT to do this..’ ‘I DO know how to do this..’
Don’t be nervous, be of service.
Because when the fear kicks in, it is a sure sign that you are on the right path. You have to choose the door that says (in the words of David Bowie) – ’I don’t know where I’m going, but I promise it won’t be boring’.
The minute you start to question life
‘Is this it’
‘Why am I here’ ‘There must be more’
That is a sign, a sign for you to follow your truth. To question and to uncover what you are here to achieve in your lifetime. It could be helping children, it could be women, the planet, wildlife or the homeless.
‘The highest destiny of the individual is to serve rather than to rule’ – Albert Einstein.
We have 16 waking hours in a day, we can figure anything out in 16 hours! Motion creates emotion so we should always be moving, always flowing. Going with the flow on the path of least resistance and what feels best to you. And remember to remain in love. The more you know yourself the more you see others, the more you see yourself, the clearer you will see others.
When you begin to come from a place of love and forgiveness you will change. The world around you will change. People in your world will either come up to meet you, or they will fall away and be replaced by others. Just stay focused, come from a place of love and forgiveness and remember that it all starts with loving yourself.
So sit with it, it will come to you, you will know. You will get a nudge/hit/calling, a sign. But you HAVE to be open to receive it. Keep your antennae up, always looking for an opportunity. We must come from the heart space. Feel from the heart, and listen to the heart.
There are so many more, but here are my top 5 traits of a successful soulpreneur.
1) They lead with love, they lead with kindness and they lead by example. They operate out of gratitude because when we are grateful, we expand our vision. A successful soulpreneur appreciates things as they are, as they were and as they will be.
2) Building a life that feels good on the inside, not one that just looks good on the outside. Creating work that is an expression of their soul, whatever that may be, baking amazing
cakes, writing memoirs, hosting a podcast, serving the homeless or the elderly. Doing what brings them joy to be able to share with others.
3) Always seeking personal growth. Motivated by the opportunity to develop themselves further. They take classes, attend workshops and they constantly try new things maintaining internal and external harmony. They are at their happiest when there is a resonance between who they are, what they are doing and who they are serving.
4) They recognize their self worth. They see the worth in the work they are doing and they are not afraid to charge accordingly. Charging higher prices enables them to provide better service and honors not only themselves, but their clientele.
5) They honor a higher calling. Inspired to do more, to leave a legacy, to make a difference in the world. They encourage collaboration instead of comparison, and community not competition. Live the life of their dreams today, tomorrow may never come, the circumstances may never be ideal but they take action TODAY.